Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Upset Special!!! Happy Easter!

This is going to be painful, but let's look at my predictions for today's first round of hot hot NCAA Tournament action (correct picks in bold):

Duke over West Virginia
Kansas State over Wisconsin
Xavier over Purdue
Notre Dame over Washington State
Stanford over Marquette
Kansas over UNLV
Pitt over Michigan State
UCLA over Texas A&M

Only 4/8 on those, and Stanford and UCLA were trying mighty hard to make me wrong on their games as well. A pretty miserable record indeed, if I do say so. But tomorrow is a new day! So here's what I've got for tomorrow:

Villanova over Siena
Texas over Miami
Tennessee over Butler
WKU over San Diego
Davidson over Georgetown (Upset Special!!!)
Memphis over Mississippi State
Louisville over Oklahoma
UNC over Arkansas

I don't really believe in the Davidson pick but I hate to call for the favored team to win in every game. That said, it'd be cool to see them win!

---

Anyway, tomorrow (technically today) is Easter! A holiday that started out being about the rebirth of Jesus and somehow shifted to focus on chocolate rabbits that lay eggs and weird shiny fake grass in pastel-colored baskets! I'm hyped up!

My pick for best new (technically re-released, I guess) Easter candy this year is Orange Creme Hershey's Kisses. They're white chocolate with a pleasingly orange creamsicle swirl and they taste and smell surprisingly strongly of oranges. They're really sweet and you can't eat many at a time but maybe that's a good thing if you are predisposed to weight gain from eating candy! The texture is a little off-putting though; it doesn't have a smooth mouth feel like most Hershey's chocolate and kinda clings to your teeth like congealed vegetable oil. But if you can get around that, they're a nice little treat!

ACTUAL PRODUCT DOES NOT LOOK THIS JAUNDICED

---

THE DEPARTMENT OF TERRIFYING VIDEOS

This is the section where I will post Youtube videos that are unsettling in one or more ways!

#1 The Dancing Tongue Pig



Apparently this is from a 1907 film and it doesn't really get weird (relatively speaking) until the very end, when the giant dancing pig reveals his giant tongue and fangs. If you start watching this video, I require you to watch until the end! The music is awesome, though. I want an MP3 of it.

The pig reminds me of Bust Rod, the giant frog from the film "Forbidden Zone." He can be seen briefly in this trailer:


#2 It's Raining McCain



There are more terrible things than I can count about this video. It features John McCain's three youngest supporters doing a spirited reinterpretation of "It's Raining Men" about their favorite senile George W. Bush lapdog. I love how the white grandma lady's sweatshirt is close enough to the color of the greenscreen that her torso eerily fades in and out of existence at about a minute in. Not to mention the grandma lady's terrifying cougar faces throughout the whole video. Or the big black sumo woman splashing tiny John McCain bodies all over her face at 1:58.
Ugh.

THIS FACE WILL HAUNT YOUR DREAMS

Actually I guess that's really all I have right now. But that's more than enough terror for one blog post anyway. Check back tomorrow to ridicule my insane NCAA tournament prediction failings!


END OF BLOG POST

No comments: