Sunday, March 2, 2008

I bought the planet on Bamzu.com

So the other night I'm watching CNN when I see an ad for these Zorbeez super-absorbent towels that can basically suck up the entire ocean. Then an ad to help old people get a reverse mortgage. Then one for the Mantis garden tiller. Then one for a personal sound amplifier. Then one for Globe Life Insurance. What do all these have in common? Bamzu.com. Every single one of these products could be found at Bamzu.com.

Amazon doesn't let me buy life insurance, so I figured it would be worth a look. Apparently, Bamzu is owned by Ted Turner and only advertises on Turner networks (perhaps not coincidentally, it seems that very few others advertise on Turner networks). Further investigation shows that it's sort of an As-Seen-On-TV hub where there are links to pretty much every product that's advertised on those channels, which isn't quite as fun as I was hoping. Nevertheless, if I were selling life insurance, I don't think I'd want somebody to be able to buy a garden tiller from the same place.

I've actually seen some As-Seen-On-TV stores around, but none featured the selection and all-round inanity of Bamzu. Why, just take a look at some of your options here:

Bible on DVD
Black Forest Decor
Blazin' Reggae
BLENDY PENS
.
.
.
HARRY CONNICK, JR.
Hat World/Lids
HIP HOP GOLD
hobbytron
.
.
.
KIDZ BOP 10
KIDZ BOP 11
KIDZ BOP 12
Kidz Bop 13
KIDZ BOP 5
KIDZ BOP 6
KIDZ BOP 7
KIDZ BOP 8
KIDZ BOP 9
.
.
.
SUNDAY SCHOOL JAMZ
Sunsetters
Super Jeweler
SWEATING IN THE SPIRIT


Thanks Bamzu.com, I came for the KIDZ BOP 12 and BLENDY PENS, but I stayed for SWEATING IN THE SPIRIT!

END OF BLOG POST

2 comments:

Justin said...

i love me some kidz bop

heather said...

OMFG BLENDY PENS