Thursday, August 28, 2008

Law School and Quiche and Lies about both

LAW SCHOOL.

I started it. It's pretty good so far, for being at UNC at least. Everyone is very nice and the faculty is very supporting even if the law school does have more assistant deans than students. People say law school is very scary, but so far is is not. No one gave the "LOOK LEFT LOOK RIGHT, AT THE END OF THE SEMESTER ONE OF THESE PEOPLE WILL BE DEAD" speech. They told us we are all beautiful little birds who just have to spread our wings and fly to greatness (HINT: the bottom 50% will not). I have learned lots of very interesting things, including what constitutes battery and why we were legally allowed to tell the Indians to get the hell off their land (HINT: It's because we were European)! Here are people my professors sort of look like: Dr. Steven Peretti (word to my Chem E people), Kima from The Wire, and an older Mr. Rogers. These are 3 separate people, just to clarify.

But I am going to try not to be one of those jerks that goes to law school and then never talks about anything else, so that is enough about that. Let's talk about something else, like....

QUICHE.

People say real men don't eat quiche. Well guess what these people are idiots and should be open palm shoved into a pit! I feel strongly about this because eggs are full of cholesterol, which is manly. It's like an omelet in a pie crust, and let's be honest, who doesn't like pie. A big egg pie filled with sausage and bacon and milk and cheese. Maybe some vegetables but probably not. NOTE: Quiche is deceptive because it is light and airy but it will make you fat if you eat too much of it. It's a trick of the French. They do not get fat because they know the trick.

Okay so what else is there to talk about? Hmmm how about

DEMOCRATS.

More like Dumbocrats am I right because man this convention has not gone well. Hillary's speech sounded very forced and everybody knows she just wants to run in 2012, Biden was very rambly tonight, Mark Warner's keynote speech was all about 'oh hey we need to be bipartisan hooray' instead of giving any reasons why to vote pro-Democrat or anti-Republican, and apparently John Kerry did something good tonight but didn't actually get on TV. I know it's an old complaint but can this party please get its act together and stop being touchy-feely and inoffensive and start being as devious and calculating as the Republicans? As morally bankrupt as they may be, their attack machine works very well and I wish we had one!

Quit calling John McCain your friend and honoring his service and start attacking him for flying into a missile like an idiot, or for cheating on his crippled first wife, or whatever really I don't care just attack his character until you can't anymore. I am not articulating my frustration about this very well but it's late and I am tired and also not a clean, articulate boy like that B. Hussein Obama. Sure it would turn some people off but look stupid people would fall for it, and that's the majority of the voting bloc. And you have to break a few eggs to make an omelet. Or a quiche! AND I SPENT FIVE YEARS AS THE BACON IN AN OMELET CALLED THE HANOI HILTON.

KNIVES.

I bought some cutlery the other day. I immediately made a nice divot in my thumb while dicing an onion. This is the sign of a good knife and bad technique.

MUSIC.

Listen to the new Lindstrom album. The first song is 30 minutes and about 16 minutes in I'm pretty sure it blatantly rips off the bassline from Thriller.

END OF BLOG POST