Sunday, February 3, 2008

The Superest Bowl of all

I'm fake-rooting for the Patriots this year because I demand perfection and I don't think the Giants really have a chance anyway. It's not really an ideal matchup; Favre/Brady or Rivers/Manning would have been infinitely better, although Rivers wouldn't have been able to play anyway since he no longer has knees. As for the current game, I'm gonna predict 38-13 Patriots. I also predict that the commercials will be disappointing for the third year in a row. Maybe the writers' strike will give somebody a chance to write a decent Super Bowl commercial.

Anyway, I figured I'd get everybody hyped up with some Patriots videos that I was shown. If this don't get you hype then you don't have a pulse, brother!

THE PATRIOTS AND WE


SKIN THE BEARS


HERE WE GO PATRIOTS


Okay and here are some with a mentally ill Asian woman with what I can only assume are breast implants:





And here's a chimp in a suit just to be thorough:



---

Ok anyway so that's the Super Bowl. This year I'm honestly more concerned about Super Tuesday, and less sure about what' s going to happen. Obama's been trending upwards, but sinc the 31st, Hillary has a 7-11% bump in the polls and nobody really knows why, since it appeared that the Edwards voters mostly went with Obama right after Edwards dropped out. In any case, that's a national poll, and only the 22 Super Tuesday states really matter right now... and Obama reportedly has a 1 point lead in CA, has tied the gap in NJ, and is up 20 in GA. California and New Jersey were supposed to go overwhelmingly to Clinton, so if true, these are all good signs.

If you are reading this you probably know I'm overwhelmingly pro-Obama and you don't really care but I think America has a chance right now to start changing the nature of its politics and save some face in the world.

If you need to be appealed to in terms of policy, please read this: http://www.barackobama.com/issues/
If you need to be appealed to in terms of emotional response and star power, please watch this:



"We have been told we cannot do this by a chorus of cynics...they will only grow louder and more dissonant... We've been asked to pause for a reality check. We've been warned against offering the people of this nation false hope.

But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope."

If you can't get behind that, then I just don't know man.

END OF BLOG POST



No comments: